Welcome to my altered projects blog. In 2006 I discovered the art of Altered Text and began a project which eventually expanded into two seperate projects. I shared them on my blog. When I had to take it down, the projects laid around to be found recently. So now, they will be posted here as each layout is completed.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Between Chapters - an Explaination

Just a quick explaination about my technique with Altered Text.

Step 1 is choose the words or phrase from the page that stand out to you. Circle them to help identify them in the next step.

Step 2 is paint a base coat of white gesso on the page avoiding the circled words from Step 1. After the coat has dried, paint a second coat. This helps thicken the page so your media doesn't soak through to the other side and also opaques the remaining words.

Step 3 is to accent your chosen words or phrase with designs or colors in the media of your choice. This is the best part of the project. :) Oil-based products are not acceptible as they can damage the book.

For more information, look up altered text on the internet for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment